Five Months of Moose


This past July we had to make the difficult decision to put down our adventure companion, Arrow due to sudden illness. Anyone who knows me knows that I need some type of canine in my life in order to function properly, thus the search for a new adventure pup was on.

I ran across an adoption add for a puppy named "Patches" at the Greenville Animal Shelter and the four of us went to meet him. When we got to the shelter, he was patiently waiting in the last kennel - the only dog who wasn't barking. They let us meet him and spend some time playing outside with him but it didn't take longer than 10 minutes until we were all absolutely convinced that he was the one for us.

Animal control found "Patches" as a stray when he was two months old and thought he was a border collie puppy. A family adopted him and returned him two months later after a huge growth spurt that clearly illustrated that he was not the puppy they thought he would be. While Patches was a good name for him, Moose fit even better! He is now 10 months old and is roughly the size of a 6 year old child.

As someone who loves to photograph everything in my life, I came to realize through owning Arrow that black dogs are incredibly difficult to photograph. Luckily Moose's sheepdog attributes make him one of the most perfectly photogenic pups around. Expect more to come!







 

MARY-MICHAEL

26.

King-Sekulic

Cleveland,Ohio.

-

This is how I see my everyday.